When I’m craving something good to snack on (and by “good” I mean bad), those dried apricots and almonds in the pantry just ain’t gonna cut it man! We usually do pretty well at the supermarket, strictly hauling home only healthy snacks and fruit. But there’s that feeling of regret at the end of the day, when we curl up to watch Netflix, when I’m NEEDING something sweet to eat! I exclaim to my husband, “why didn’t we just get a box of cookies? We have nothing to eat!”. The snow has gotten pretty bad here so it’s not like we could just dash out to get some cookies on a whim, so I decided to bake some instead! Desperate times call for desperate measures! I was craving something sweet and citrusy so I whipped up these lemon melting moments. So bad for you, but sooooooo good!
Lemon Melting Moments:
1 cup butter
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 cup corn starch
60g softened butter
1 cup icing sugar
5 drops DoTerra Lemon essential oil (other brands will work too)
1 Tbsp lemon juice or orange juice (if the mix is too dry)
1. Mix the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy then mix in the vanilla extract.
2. Sift the flour and corn starch together, then mix gradually into the butter mixture. Mix until all ingredients combine into a smooth ball.
3. Roll dough into balls (slightly larger than a gumball). Mixture should make enough for 30 balls. Arrange on cookie tray and with a fork (dipped in corn starch to prevent sticking), flatten the balls slightly.
4. Bake for 15-20 mins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When done, cookies should be a pale golden color.
5. Once cookies are cool, sandwich 2 together with a dollop of delicious lemon filling!