With just 1 more week until our baby is predicted to arrive, I’ve begun to grow more impatient (and enormous). The days are moving in slow motion, but I’ve been trying to find things to keep busy in an attempt to make time move faster. So without further ado, here is a short list of the things I felt were necessities during my winter pregnancy.
1. Long cardigans. Obviously because they’re warm and good for layering but mainly because they hide your butt when you’re wearing leggings as pants ( a faux pas I’ve committed for the majority of my pregnancy).
2. Maternity Jeans and Leggings. Since I’ve been pregnant during winter I really couldn’t get away with wearing comfy maxi skirts and dresses so I’ve had to live in maternity jeans and leggings. You could get away with wearing low waisted leggings but I highly recommend investing in a pair of nice maternity jeans. If you’re planning on having more babies, you can save them for your next pregnancy!
3. BPA free water bottle. Take water with you wherever you go. Keeping hydrated is so important!
4. Herbal Tea. One thing I’ve really missed is coffee! Since I’ve had to cut out the caffeine and love the comfort of a hot drink in the morning and evening, I’ve substituted coffee for herbal tea. My particular favorite has been Red Raspberry Leaf tea for it’s health benefits for the pregnant ladies!
5. Doterra Essential Oil. There are a few go-to oils I’ve been using. Lavender – To help me relax and sleep easier. Peppermint – For upset stomach. Balance – To tame my mood swings. Citrus Bliss – To motivate me when I’m feeling lethargic.
6. Exfoliating Gloves. Dry winter weather tends to make my skin flaky which is something I’d rather avoid when I’m already feeling quite unattractive and huge. Exfoliating to maintain soft smooth skin when I take a shower makes me feel a little more like a woman.
7. Bio Oil. I rub this all over my belly after I shower. I don’t know if this is what has kept my bump stretch mark free or whether I’ve just been lucky. Either way, it makes your skin supple and smells lovely.
8. Flats. Imagine folding a bowling ball in half. Impossible, right? That’s what it feels like when I try to tie my shoelaces! It’s way easier to slip on a pair of flats. Preferably neutral ones in my opinion since they go with everything and you’ll be wearing them all the time!
If you’re pregnant or planning to be, I hope you find this list helpful 🙂 What are some of your pregnancy savers?