So I noticed something pretty cool today. I’ve got 50 people following my blog! What!? How did that happen?! Ok, that might not be a big number to some bloggers out there, but that’s a significant number to me! I truly appreciate those of you who come back to visit and comment on this here blog. The connections I’ve made with like minded people through blogging in this short time have made me re-think the approach and direction of this space. I started this blog with the intention of using it as a place to predominantly showcase my professional work and on the side, document creative dabbling’ and to share inspirational finds. But lately I’ve been writing about things that are more personal and it’s been really therapeutic being able to open my heart out like that. You could say it hasn’t been very “professional” but I’m really enjoying this style of blogging and I don’t want to stop. So that’s what I’m going to keep doing. This blog is getting personal! It’ll still be creative but just a little more heart on my sleeve type stuff. I’ve got my portfolio website in the works and when that’s ready it’ll be strictly work related over there. But over here, we can get cosy! So to get the fun started, I’d like to get to know you guys a little better so if you wanted to ( I’d really love if you could) tell me a random fact about yourself please? Even if you’re not a follower and just stumbled across this blog, I still want to know a bit about you!
To get started, here are some random facts about me:
- I chipped my front tooth when I was six and never got it fixed. I don’t notice it and it doesn’t bother me until someone points it out.
- I’m short and need to roll up my jeans. Ugh, short people problems.
- I used to be the singer for the jazz combo in high school. My song was ‘The Girl from Ipanema‘. I haven’t sung in full force since those days so the people that know me now don’t even know I can sing. Which makes me sad because I really miss it.
- I started using Anna Sui’s Secret Wish perfume 8 years ago (almost at the end of my 3rd bottle now) and I wish it didn’t have a dumb fairy on the bottle cap. I love the scent but how can a grown woman be using fairy perfume!?
- I’m quiet in large groups and misunderstood as being shy sometimes. I just prefer talking to people on a more intimate level and not having to raise my voice over others to be heard.
- I found a Lindenwood College year book from 1929 at a thrift store. It has a carved leather cover and scattered through the dusty pages are autographs written by young women who were students at the time. Their penmanship was so beautiful! I love the names of the people in it. I think if I have a daughter I will probably pick out a name from this book. Don’t names like Lucie Mae, Avaline, Flora, and Luélla sound just charming!
- My favorite t.v show that I will never ever tire of watching re-runs of, is Seinfeld. Speaking of re-runs, I’ve recently been re-watching Freaks and Geeks. I was too young to appreciate it when it first aired but now the show resonates with me on so many levels. It’s just so good it makes me cry!
- I really, really like stripes. It is becoming a problem. I might actually be one of those weird people who have a wardrobe consisting of different versions of the same outfit. Mine would be striped top + skirt / jeans. Errday I’m stripin’!
Okay enough about me. Tell me a bit about you!? 🙂