In light of winter and the warm feelings that are conjured up when you think of a crackling fire, we decided to satisfy our winter craving for toasted marshmallows! Since we don’t have a functioning fireplace at our house, nor do we live in America to be able to attain the traditional “S’more’s” ingredients, we had to make do with what we had. Here is the easiest S’mores recipe below – New Zealand style!
You will need:
1 oven (if you don’t have a real fire like us)
1 packet of McVities Digestives (you’ll need 2 biscuits per s’more)
1 family size block of Whittaker’s Chocolate (we used milk madagascar)
1 packet of Pascall’s marshmallow’s.
1. Set your oven to 200 degrees celcius, on grill. Make sure your wire rack is on the highest position closest to the top.
2. Place tin foil on a baking tray (remember, shiny-side up!)
3. Position an even number of biscuits on the baking tray with 2 marshmallow’s ( pink and white) on top of each biscuit.
4. Grill for about 5 minutes. Keep your eyes on them though ’cause they burn fast!
5. When the marshmallow’s and biscuits are fresh out of the oven, place 3 squares of chocolate onto half of the biscuits on the tray. Then flip the remaining half of biscuits onto the chocolate loaded ones like sandwiches.
There you go! Easy peasy and so scrum-diddly-umpcious!